Curbside Pick Up/Drop Off
I am sure most of you have had curbside pick up for food recently??? Now we will have curbside pick up & drop off for child care! As you pull up, we will have staff and signs directing you. Once there, your child(ren) will be checked in and have their temperature taken. We will be using non-contact thermometers. Based on the guidelines, and for the safety of our kids and staff, ANYONE (staff or child) with a temperature above 100.4 degrees F will be asked to return home.
Pick Up: all you need to do is text your child’s staff member when you arrive and we will bring your child(ren) out to you! You will be provided with this number when you drop off.
Beyond cohorts, how are we working to keep everyone safe?
Based on CDC guidelines and industry best practices, some of the key measures that are in place include:
- Daily screening of children and staff – Prior to entering KAH, body temperature and symptoms screening are completed, along with verifying that the child or staff member has not had close contact with anyone that may be positive for COVID-19.
- Shared spaces and equipment – We purchased additional equipment so that each cohort has a set unique to the group to minimize sharing. All shared spaces and resources are limited to one group at a time and thoroughly cleaned and disinfected between groups.
- Enhanced cleaning – We are supplementing our normal daily cleaning with more frequent cleaning and disinfection of high touch surfaces and frequently used spaces.
- Limited access – Only KAH children and staff are allowed inside the buildings to minimize exposure.
- Outside time – Plenty of fresh air has always been a big part of the KAH program and this will continue to be the case this Spring.
- Face coverings/Masks – All children and staff are required to wear a mask at all times.